Thursday, November 12, 2009

CNA

I started this new class. It is a CNA class that I have always wanted to take because I wanted to become a nurse. So the day finally came and I started the class. But a bummer is that the class goes from 4:30 till 10 every night. But oh well. The first couple nights were all lecture, so that was a longgggg 5 ½ hours. But I enjoyed what was being taught. Than we got into Lab and what we might actually do when we are a CNA. And it was fun when it was the little things. Anyway with this class we have to do 120 hours of clinical in an actual nursing home. Which I thought would be fun and educational. So from the start of the class I was looking forward to going out on clinical. Finally the day came to have our first Clinical and … I HATE it.

My goodness, I don’t think I even like walking into a nursing home. The class was of no help to what we are suppose to actually do. And what was taught, like I even remembered it. Well, the first day of clinical we did not do much with the residents, just took a tour of the facility and other little things. But I was not happy with that I am going to have to do.

That is wayyyy to much responsibility for an 18 year old girl. I mean I could forget to sit someone up after they eat, and they could die! I would feel terrible. UGH!

No comments: